Tuesday 18 November 2014

Ideal Home Show Haul Manchester 16-11-14

Last Sunday, I ventured to the Ideal Home show In Manchester, and let me tell you, it was amazing! Never have I been surrounded by so many bargains!
I've never personally been to an ideal home show before so I wasn't too sure what to expect. My mum went earlier this year and loved it so she bought tickets for this show just gone, I'm so glad she did!

Here's what I bought!

The first thing I bought was this cute little 'Belissimo' lip glitter kit



The retail price when not in the showroom is £13 for one pot of glitter and the lip glue? is that what it's called? I'm not too sure on that one! Anyway, at the ideal home show, it was 2 pots for £13 (basically buy on get one free) plus free application there and then of any colour of their glitter. This was incredibly good value as their competitors store had 3 pots of glitter for £25 and £3 for application! I had my lips done at both stores and Belissimo was far superior, their customer service and attitude was also much better than their competition, hence why I bought from them.
In the bag you get 2 glitter pots and 1 glue pot, as mentioned before. You also get 5 Q-tips for application and their gorgeous business card. I've not yet tried to apply this on myself yet, but it didnt seem complicated at all. The feel on your lips when first applied is a tad strange, but after five minutes of smiling (so the inner corners can dry) you can barely tell it's on. I ate, drank, kissed and had a bath and the glitter stayed perfectly in tact! Each glitter pot has enough glitter for 25 applications which works out at around 26p per application! Absolute bargain, I'm very pleased and cannot wait to try it out for myself! 

    
The next thing i bought was this rather large acrylic rolling pin



I've been in need of a large rolling pin for absolutely ages, when I saw this one at the bake and create stall for £15 I knew I had to have it. It's 20 Inches long which is great for covering large cakes. I had also hoped to get some engraved rolling pins? The ones that leave a pattern on the icing? I'm having a mental block again, I'm sure there's a word for what I'm on about! So yeah I was aiming to buy a few of those too but i had seen them cheaper elsewhere so I didn't purchase any from them.

I also bought another MoYou Proffesional Nail Art Suitcase 



My mum bought me last seasons suitcase and it was the best gift i've ever received, it's changed the way i do my nails forever! I'v always been very passionate at nail art but have never been all that good at it. This kit changed that, not a day goes by anymore where i dont get complimented on my nails, honestly, it's amazing... So i bought another one.



This case contains many new features which i just couldn't resist! The case is rather pricey, verging on £200... But you know me.. i never pay more than i have to! In the show promotion this case was £165, a little bit of bargaining & bartering and the use of my NUS card later, the price dropped to £135. 
This case contains brand new accessories:
  • silver and gold nail foil to create show stopping designs, 
  • what I can only describe as sparkly nail sellotape to create intricate patterns and lines,
  • 5 more Special MoYou nail varnishes (the other case contains 15, I also got to choose my colours but when bout from the website it contains one of each)
  • A dotting tool & brush along with the nail file, buffer and cuticle tool 
  • 2 X-Large MoYou pattern board


There's not a lot extra to the last case but the value for money was also what made me buy this case. For 20 special nail varnishes on their own its £60 and each XL design plate is £45 so to buy the products separately only just falls short of the price i paid, for the quality of the products, i am very pleased!

Here's the old and new case for comparison 

Old
As you can see, there's nail glue and a travel kit which the new case doesn't include. 

15 nail varnishes and 6 glitter pots. 


The exterior of the case.


Here are the 2 together, no difference in appearance at all


New





My latest nail design using my new plates

Pro-Step Mini

The last thing we bought was quite an indulgence. All the way around the exhibition, there were many stalls offering varying model of these vibration boards 


After trying them all we decided on this model. retailing usually at £700, the £300 we paid seems too good to be true! It's not arrived yet as it's coming from the manufacturer however i will do an update on it after i've had a good use of it. It claims to have miracle properties... I'm a little sceptical as apparently 10 minutes on the pro-step equates to 1 hour in the gym. We'll see how that turns out! It does feel like you're working out all over, on its highest frequency, its enough to make your eyes water and make you brake out in a light sweat, just by simply stood there doing nothing. I'm not complaining! 

I hope you enjoyed my little home show haul, I hope to post more like this in the near future.

Lia 

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment